Okay, just so this entire talking thing doesn't get abused to freaking kingdom come, let me elaborate on the rules:
1. No spamming
2. Do not personally attack a member or guest.
3. No discussing illegal actives.
4. Don't post pictures depicting illegal acts from real life.
5. If your topic has adult material inside, make sure that you put a "NSFW" label in the topic title.
6. No excessive adult-related topics. No irl gore or nasty porn.
7. Don't post personal information about a user or guest without their permission.
8. No multiple posting, double is okay, if you don't abuse it, no one's gonna bitch about that, but anything higher may be punished with a ban. Even in the Random Thread.
Now for the others:
1. Advertisement goes in separate topics or in the appropriate forum section.
2. Keep Shit-posting and Meme-spouting to a minimum.
3. If you're posting a controversial topic, fine. Just keep an open-mind about the other side of the argument.
4. Post in at least mostly proper English. You have spell check to help you out. If it doesn't, learn it.
5. No extremely excessive smilies.
6. Some things shouldn't be joked about by any means (death of a family member, suicide, world threats, etc.).
7. No impersonating another user. WE DO NOT WANT TO SEE YOU ABUSING YOUR ABILITY TO CHANGE YOUR USERNAME.
8. No Mass PMs, unless they're very important. Contact Des or another mod if you want to spread something around.
9. Don't make threads complaining about how much you hate the site.
10. Stop bumping old threads with just a simple one liner, just for the sake of bumping it. If you have something good to say, say it, if you want to bump because you want more people to see it, PM a mod.
11. Don't be a backseat mod. This means don't respond to someone's post with something like "hey, that's against the rules!"; instead, wait for the mods to find it, or, if you feel we've missed it, send one of us a PM and we'll either take care of the issue or explain why the issue isn't as big as you think.
12. No "PAGE KING" or "FIRST" posts, they'll be deleted, and if done excessively, you'll be banned.
Now that you have been informed, feel free to speak out.
TOPICS THAT ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE MADE:
1. "I'm new here." Post on the Introduction Thread if you're new and want to introduce yourself.
2. "I'm leaving" or "I'm thinking of leaving." Just leave, if you make a post about leaving, you'll be banned.
3. "THIS PLACE IS GONNA DIE!" No one wants to hear it.
- - - -
THAT IS ALL, GOOD DAY.
Read more: http://spb.hyperboards.com/action/view_topic/topic_id/9#ixzz4dWyM87nU